- "Once I set my mind on something I have to accomplish it. Ten years ago I was one and a half inch shorter than I am today. Pure will-power."
- ―Jack Donaghy
Season 1, Episode 5
|Airdate||November 16th, 2006|
|Producer||JoAnn Alfano; Brett Baer; Adam Bernstein; Jack Burditt; Irene Burns; Robert Carlock; Jennifer Danielson; Tina Fey; Dave Finkel; Matt Hubbard; Marci Klein; Jerry Kupfer; Lorne Michaels; David Miner; Margo A. Myers; Jeff Richmond; John Riggi; Andrew Singer|
|Starring||Tina Fey; Tracy Morgan; Jane Krakowski; Jack McBrayer; Scott Adsit; Judah Friedlander; Alec Baldwin|
|Previous||"Jack the Writer"|
|Next||"Jack Meets Dennis"|
"Jack-Tor" is the fifth episode of season one of the comedy series 30 Rock. It was directed by Don Scardino and written by Robert Carlock. It first aired on NBC on Thursday, November 16th, 2006. In this episode, Jack endorses product integration on TGS with Tracy Jordan and instructs the writing crew to include GE products in their comedy sketches. To promote this new branding technique, Jack agrees to explore any potential he might have as an actor and star in one of the sketches. Meanwhile, Liz Lemon suspects that Tracy Jordan might be illiterate and believes this might be why he always improvises his roles rather than reading scripts or cue cards.
Principal Cast Edit
|Tina Fey||Liz Lemon|
|Tracy Morgan||Tracy Jordan|
|Jane Krakowski||Jenna Maroney|
|Jack McBrayer||Kenneth Parcell|
|Scott Adsit||Pete Hornberger|
|Judah Friedlander||Frank Rossitano|
|Alec Baldwin||Jack Donaghy|
Guest Stars Edit
|Keith Powell||Toofer Spurlock|
|Lonny Ross||Josh Girard|
|Katrina Bowden||Cerie Xerox|
|Teddy Coluca||Stage manager|
|Donald Glover II||Young P.A.|
|Joey La Varco||10-year-old Jack|
|Matthew Stocke||Snapple man|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- Production code number: 105
- First episode directed by Don Scardino.
- Second episode written by Robert Carlock.
- Pete Hornberger: So, first you thought he was illiterate and now you think he's lazy? Liz, you are racist.
- Liz Lemon: No, Tracy took advantage of my white guilt, which is supposed to be used only for good, like over-tipping and supporting Barack Obama.
- Tracy Jordan: I can't read, Liz Lemon! My shameful secret is out. Now you know why I'm always running into the ladies' bathroom. I can't read! I sign my name with an X! I once tried to make mashed potatoes with laundry detergent! I think I voted for Nader! Nader!
- Liz Lemon: Look at the educational system in this country. We spend all this money in Iraq, but meanwhile our inner-city graduation rates are lower than they are in the Sudan.
- Pete Hornberger: That doesn't sound right.
- Liz Lemon: Maybe it was Sweden. Maybe it was teen pregnancy. I gotta read more.
See also Edit
External Links Edit