Season 1, Episode 2
|Airdate||January 16th, 1996|
|Writer||Michael Glouberman; Andrew Orenstein|
|Producer||Bonnie Turner; Terry Turner; Tom Werner; Linwood Boomer; Marcy Carsey; Caryn Mandabach|
|Starring||John Lithgow; Kristen Johnston; French Stewart; Joseph Gordon-Levitt; Jane Curtin|
|Previous||"Brains and Eggs"|
|Next||"Dick's First Birthday"|
"Post-Nasal Dick" is the second episode of season one of the 1996-2001 sci-fi/comedy series 3rd Rock from the Sun. It was directed by Robert Berlinger and written by Michael Glouberman and Andrew Orenstein. It first aired on NBC on Tuesday, January 16th, 1996. When the aliens all catch colds for the first time, they think they're dying. Ignoring his condition, Dick accompanies Doctor Albright to a wedding. There his eccentric behavior (and a spirited tango) reveal how sick he really is. Fearing imminent death, Dick confesses his love for Mary... and to being an alien. Perhaps he has said too much. 
Principal Cast Edit
|John Lithgow||Dick Solomon|
|Kristen Johnston||Sally Solomon|
|French Stewart||Harry Solomon|
|Joseph Gordon-Levitt||Tommy Solomon|
|Jane Curtin||Mary Albright|
Guest Stars Edit
|Simbi Khali||Nina Campbell|
|Marijane Cole||Sshh lady|
|James Earl Jones||Narrator|
|Wayne Thomas Yorke||Best man|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- Production code number: 105
- First credited television work for actress Pat Lach.
- The book that Dick is reading and quoting from in the beginning of the episode is A Brief History of Time: From the Big Bang to Black Holes by Stephen W. Hawking.
- Harry coos over his photographs of the cast from The Today Show, which is an American morning news and talk show program which, like 3rd Rock, is also broadcast on NBC.
- Harry also references an 8x10 glossy of Martha Stewart. Martha Stewart is an American business magnate, author, magazine publisher, and television personality.
- In act one, Dick is seen reading and quoting again from another famous piece of literature, Charles Dickens' A Tale of Two Cities, which was first published in 1859.
- Harry Solomon: [Admiring photograph] Oooh, my favorite... Martha Stewart.
- Sally Solomon: Is it autographed?
- Harry Solomon: No, but she signed it.
- Tommy Solomon: At first I was conflicted. You know, we come from very different backgrounds. I'm an alien and she's a Presbyterian. I have a highly developed mind and she's got that big... pouty... mouth.
- Dick Solomon: [Reading from A Tale of Two Cities] 'It was the best of times, it was the worst of times'. [flips through book and abrubtly closes it] I'm not reading 387 pages if he can't make up his mind in the first sentence.
- Dick Solomon: Nina, are you married?
- Nina Campbell: No.
- Dick Solomon: Well why not, what are you doing wrong?
- Nina Campbell: You sound just like my mother.
- Dick Solomon: That must be very confusing for you.
- Dick Solomon: My throat tickles.
- Harry Solomon: Mine too! You know I tried using a stick to scratch it, but that just brought up a whole new set of problems.
See also Edit
- 3rd Rock from the Sun
- 3rd Rock from the Sun images
- 3rd Rock from the Sun episodes
- 3rd Rock from the Sun cast & crew
- 3rd Rock from the Sun miscellaneous
External Links Edit
- "Post-Nasal Dick" at the TV IV
- "Brains and Eggs" at the TV DB
- "Post-Nasal Dick" at the Holosuite
- "Post-Nasal Dick" at TV.com guide
- "Post-Nasal Dick" at TV Rage.com