|"State vs. Queen"|
Season 2, Episode 7
|Airdate||November 20th, 2013|
|Writer||Marc Guggenheim; Drew Z. Greenberg|
|Producer||Greg Berlanti; Melissa Kellner Berman; Jake Coburn; Joseph Patrick Finn; Drew Z. Greenberg; Marc Guggenheim; Moira Kirland; Andrew Kreisberg; Jennifer Lange; Jennifer Lence; Wendy Mericle; David Nutter; Carl Ogawa; Jon Wallace|
|Starring||Stephen Amell; Katie Cassidy; David Ramsey; Willa Holland; Emily Bett Rickards; Colton Haynes; Manu Bennett; Susanna Thompson; Paul Blackthorne|
|Previous||"Keep Your Enemies Closer"|
"State vs. Queen" is the seventh episode of season two of the superhero-action series Arrow and the thirtieth episode of the series overall. The episode was directed by Bethany Rooney with a teleplay written by Marc Guggenheim and Drew Z. Greenberg. It first aired on the CW Network on Wednesday, November 20th, 2013 at 8:00 pm.
Principal Cast Edit
Guest Stars Edit
|Kevin Alejandro||Sebastian Blood|
|Caity Lotz||Black Canary, Sara Lance|
|Jimmy Jean-Louis||The Captain|
|Michael Eklund||The Dollmaker, Barton Mathis|
|Dylan Bruce||Adam Donner|
|Chelah Horsdal||Kate Spencer|
|Jesse Hutch||Officer Daily|
|Dylan Neal||Doctor Anthony Ivo|
|Teryl Rothery||Jean Loring|
|Graham Shiels||Cyrus Gold|
|Seth Gabel||The Count|
|John Barrowman||Malcolm Merlyn|
|Keri Adams||Bethany Snow|
|Craig Blair||Guard #2|
|Jason William Day||Guard #1|
|David Franco||Judge Mandelbaum|
|Chantele Francis||Court clerk|
|Marrett Green||TV reporter|
|Ron Selmour||The Butcher|
|Raugi Yu||Asian driver|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- This episode is rated TV-14.
- This episode is production code number 2J7457. 
- This episode is included on disc two of the Arrow: The Complete Second Season Blu-ray collection, which was released by Warner Home Video on September 16th, 2014.
- The episode has also been made available on the Netflix instant streaming video service, as well as available for download on Amazon.com and Hulu.
- Actor Paul Blackthorne is credited in this episode, but the character of Quentin Lance does not make an actual appearance.
- Actor David Franco is not to be confused with actor Dave Franco, who was an actor on the final season of Scrubs.
Comic connections Edit
- Jean Loring is a character featured in DC Comics comic books. She is a lawyer and the ex-wife of Ray Palmer, aka the Atom (who will actually appear later in the series). In the comics, Loring eventually went insane and accidentally killed Sue Dibny, the wife of another hero named the Elongated Man. After which, she was possessed by a demon of vengeance and became Eclipso.
- In DC Comics titles, Kate Spencer is actually a younger woman who worked as a D.A. out of California. Unsatisfied with her conviction rate, she cobbled together an arsenal of items belonging to convicted super-villains and became a costumed vigilante called Manhunter.
- In the comics, Cyrus Gold is actually the human name for an elemental swamp creature known as Solomon Grundy. Like his Arrow counterpart, Grundy is known for his prodigious strength and was a man of few words.
- There are no bloopers available for this episode at this time. Be the first to add some! Just click on the edit tab under the section heading and start typing. A blooper is any revealing mistake that can be found within the episode that the production crew may have missed during editing. This can range from inconsistent lines of dialogue to visible production equipment in the shot to mis-spoken lines of dialogue, or... dare we say it? A wardrobe malfunction.
- Moira Queen: They said you were dead.
- Malcolm Merlyn: There are parts of the world where death is an illusion. I've been to one. I've learned to be very convincing.
- Felicity Smoak: Don't take this the wrong way, but you look disgusting.
- John Diggle: Yeah, well, I don't feel great, Felicity. Is there a right way to take that?
- John Diggle: I told Felicity not to call you.
- Felicity Smoak: Yeah, but before that you said "Gaw" and "Thud," so I didn't take it very seriously.
- Felicity Smoak: When Dig passed out, I sent a sample of his blood to a chemist I knew at QC. The guy owes me a favor, long story, I fixed his parking ticket. Huh. I guess it's not that long.
See also Edit
External Links Edit
This article pertains to an episode from season two of the Arrow television series.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the Arrow/Season 2 episodes category.