|"Shadow of the Bat (Part 1)"|
Season 2, Episode 1
|Airdate||September 13th, 1993|
|Producer||Alan Burnett; Eric Radomski; Tom Ruegger; Bruce W. Timm|
|Starring||Kevin Conroy; Robert Costanzo; Bob Hastings; Efrem Zimbalist, Jr.; Melissa Gilbert; Loren Lester|
|Previous||"Fire from Olympus"|
|Next||"Shadow of the Cat (Part 2)"|
"Shadow of the Bat (Part 1)" is the first episode of season two of the superhero adventure program Batman: The Animated Series and the sixty-first episode of the series overall. It was directed by Frank Paur with a script written by Brynne Stephens. The episode first aired on FOX Kids on Monday, September 13th, 1993.
- Alfred Pennyworth
- Batgirl, Barbara Gordon
- Gil Mason
- Harvey Bullock
- James Gordon
- Janet Van Dorn
- Robin, Dick Grayson
Note: The voice cast list and the characters they play are indicated below as they are presented in the closing credits of the episode.
Notes & Trivia Edit
- This episode is included on disc one of the Batman: The Animated Series, Volume Three DVD collection by Warner Home Video. It is also included on its corresponding disc on the Batman: The Complete Animated Series collection.
- This episode is production code number: 157.
- This is the first appearance of Deputy police commissioner Gil Mason.
- This is the first appearance of Janet Van Dorn.
- Renee Montoya appears in this episode, but has no speaking lines.
- Robin mentions missing a Bogart festival in film class. This is a reference to Humphrey Bogart, who was an American film actor best known for his work as a leading man in classic films such as Casablanca, The Maltese Falcon, The Big Sleep and The African Queen.
- There are no bloopers available for this episode at this time. Be the first to add some! Just click on the edit tab under the section heading and start typing. A blooper is any revealing mistake that can be found within the episode that the production crew may have missed during editing. This can range from inconsistent lines of dialogue to visible production equipment in the shot to mis-spoken lines of dialogue, or... dare we say it? A wardrobe malfunction.
- Rupert Thorne: I can't be seen here. Hold them off!
- Rupert Thorne: Come on, then! You're not taking Rupert Thorne without a fight!
- Gil Mason: And the commissioner and I won't rest till every crime kingpin, hustler and two-bit crook is off the streets.
- Barbara Gordon: You know, Dad... if you and Gil keep nailing bad guys like this... people will start thinking you two are Batman and Robin.
- James Gordon: What can I say? Gil is a Godsend. And he's not bad looking either.
- Barbara Gordon: Daaaaad. I just got you to stop treating me like a kid, and now you're trying to marry me off.
- Gil Mason: Believe me, Jim, I don't wanna be here, but I thought it would be best coming from me.
- James Gordon: What is it? What's wrong?
- Gil Mason: James Gordon... I have a warrant for your arrest.
- James Gordon: This is a joke, right?
- Barbara Gordon: On what charges?
- Gil Mason: Accepting bribes.
- James Gordon: You can't be serious!
- Gil Mason: The department has reason to believe that you've been taking money from Rupert Thorne. For years.
- Batgirl: If Batman won't help me, fine. Let's see what Batgirl can do.
- Robin: Funny, I don't remember a Batgirl in our little club...
- Harvey Bullock: Batgirl? Sheesh! What's next? Weasel Woman?
See also Edit
External Links Edit
This article pertains to an episode from season two of the Batman: The Animated Series television program.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the Batman (1992)/Season 2 episodes category.