Season 0, Episode 1
|Airdate||December 8th, 2003|
|Writer||Ronald D. Moore; Christopher Eric James|
|Producer||Glen A. Larson; Paul M. Leonard; Harvey Frand; David Eick; Ronald D. Moore; Ron French|
|Starring||Edward James Olmos; Mary McDonnell; Katee Sackhoff; Jamie Bamber; James Callis; Tricia Helfer; Callum Keith Rennie; Grace Park; Michael Hogan; Matthew Bennett; Paul Campbell; Aaron Douglas; Lorena Gale; Barclay Hope; Kandyse McClure|
"Part One" is the first episode of the Battlestar Galactica miniseries event, which serves as a remake of the original 1978 Battlestar Galactica series and is the precursor to the regular Battlestar Galactica series, which first airs in 2005. This episode was directed by Michael Rymer with a script written by Ronald D. Moore and Christopher Eric James. It first aired on the Sci-Fi Channel on December 8th, 2003.
Principal Cast Edit
|Edward James Olmos||Commander William Adama|
|Mary McDonnell||President Laura Roslin|
|Katee Sackhoff||Lieutenant Kara "Starbuck" Thrace|
|Jamie Bamber||Captain Lee "Apollo" Adama|
|James Callis||Doctor Gaius Baltar|
|Tricia Helfer||Number Six|
|Callum Keith Rennie||Leoben Conoy|
|Grace Park||Lieutenant Sharon "Boomer" Valerii|
|Michael Hogan||Colonel Saul Tigh|
|Matthew Bennett||Aaron Doral|
|Paul Campbell||Billy Keikeya|
|Aaron Douglas||Chief Galen Tyrol|
|Barclay Hope||Transport pilot|
|Kandyse McClure||Anastasia Dualla|
Guest Stars Edit
|Alessandro Juliani||Lieutenant Felix Gaeta|
|Nicki Clyne||Cally Henderson|
|Tahmoh Penikett||Karl Agathon|
|Ty Olsson||Captain Kelly|
|Ron Blecker||Launch officer|
|Ryan Robbins||Armistice officer|
|Dwesi Ameyaw||Liner captain|
|Brenda McDonald||Old woman|
|Erin Karpluk||Woman #1|
|Jenn Griffin||Woman #2|
|BJ Harrison||Woman #3|
|Moneca Delain||Blonde woman|
|Zahf Paroo||Man #1|
|Robert Lewis||Man #2|
|Denzal Sinclaire||Man #3|
|Michael Soltis||Chantara's husband|
|Fred Keating||Jr. reporter|
|Biski Gugushe||Pilot #1|
|Nahanni Arntzen||Pilot #2|
|Nogel Vonas||Pilot #3|
|Ryan Nelson||Pilot #4|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- "BSG: 1.1" serves as a shortcut to this page. "Battlestar Galactica: Part One" also redirects to this page.
- Based on a teleplay by Glen A. Larson.
- This episode is included on disc one of the Battlestar Galactica: Season One DVD collection. The collection was produced by Universal Media Studios and released in Region 1 format on September 20th, 2005.
- Casting for this episode was provided by Robert Ulrich, C.S.A., Eric Dawson, C.S.A. and Carol Kritzer, C.S.A.. Canadian casting was provided by Coreen Mayrs, C.S.A., and Heike Brandstatter.
- Creative consultant and franchise creator Glen A. Larson is credited as Christopher Eric James in the capacity of co-writer on this episode.
- There are no allusions available for this episode at this time. Be the first to add some! Just click on the edit tab under the section heading and start typing. An allusion is an incidental reference made to a character, person, event or other miscellaneous piece of media that can be found somewhere in the episode itself. In most cases, this refers to characters or events from previous episodes.
- There are no bloopers available for this episode at this time. Be the first to add some! Just click on the edit tab under the section heading and start typing. A blooper is any revealing mistake that can be found within the episode that the production crew may have missed during editing. This can range from inconsistent lines of dialogue to visible production equipment in the shot to mis-spoken lines of dialogue, or... dare we say it? A wardrobe malfunction.
- There are no quotes available for this episode at this time. Be the first to add some! Just click on the edit tab under the section heading and start typing. The preferred format for quotes is an asterisk, followed by the character's name (bold and hyper-linked), semi-colon then the quote itself (without quotation marks. Quotes should be separated by four elipses (....) unless multiple quotes are used between characters as part of a conversation.