|Running time:||60 min.|
|Production company:||DC Entertainment|
Warner Bros. Television
|Executive producers:||Greg Berlanti; Salim Akil; Mara Brock Akil; Pat Charles; Sarah Schechter; Oz Scott; Jan Nash; Charles D. Holland|
|Producers:||Adam Giaudrone; Jennifer Lence; Carl Ogawa; Melora Rivera; Robert West; Joanie L. Woehler; Elvis Mitchell|
|Principal cast:||Cress Williams; China Anne McClain; Nafessa Williams; Christine Adams; Marvin "Krondon" Jones, III; Damon Gupton; James Remar|
|First aired:||January 16th, 2018|
Black Lightning is an American television program of the superhero fantasy genre. It is based on the character of Jefferson Pierce, aka Black Lightning, as seen in comic book titles published by DC Comics. The series was produced by DC Entertainment, Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television. It began airing on the CW Network on January 16th, 2018. A total of thirteen episodes was ordered for season one. The series stars Cress Williams as the main character, Jefferson Pierce. Co-starring in the show is China Anne McClain & Nafessa Williams as his daughters, Jennifer and Anissa Pierce, Christine Adams as his ex-wife, Lynn Pierce, Marvin "Krondon" Jones, III as the show's main antagonist, Tobias Whale, Damon Gupton as Inspector Henderson, and James Remar as tailor Peter Gambi.
|1x01||The Resurrection||January 16th, 2018|
|1x02||LaWanda: The Book of Hope||January 23rd, 2018|
|1x03||LaWanda: The Book of Burial||January 30th, 2018|
|1x04||Black Jesus||February 6th, 2018|
|1x05||And Then the Devil Brought the Plague: The Book of Green Light||February 13th, 2018|
|1x06||Three Sevens: The Book of Thunder||February 27th, 2018|
|1x07||Equinox: The Book of Fate||March 6th, 2018|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- Black Lightning was created by writer Tony Isabella and artist Trevor von Eeden.
- Black Lightning (2018) redirects to this page.
- Black Lightning began airing on Tuesday evenings on the CW Network at 9:00 pm.
- Music for the series was composed by Kurt Farquhar.
- Black Lightning does not take place in the same continuity as the DC Television Universe, which includes shows such as Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow and Supergirl.
- Jefferson Pierce made his comic book introduction in the first issue of his own Black Lightning ongoing comic book series, which ran for eleven issues from 1977 to 1978. A second Black Lightning volume was produced in 1995 and only ran thirteen issues.
- Black Lightning is the second DC Comics super-hero to receive his own television series, and the first to receive his own live-action series. The first was Static Shock, which aired on Cartoon Network from 2000 to 2004.
- The main setting for this series is the neighborhood of Freeland. In the comics, Black Lightning was based out of Suicide Slum in Metropolis.
- The central antagonists from season one are a criminal organization known as The One-Hundred.
See also Edit
External Links Edit
The following is a list of programs currently airing in the United States. Individual programs are categorized by genre.
This page is missing one or more episode titles from its overall list. You can help the TV Database Wiki by filling in missing episode titles or airdates until the page is complete.