|"Planet of the Slave Girls"|
Season 1, Episode 2
|Airdate||September 27th, 1979|
|Writer||Steve Greenberg; Aubrey Solomon; Cory Applebaum|
|Producer||John Gaynor; Medora Heilbron; Bruce Lansbury; Glen A. Larson; David J. O'Connell; David G. Phinney|
|Starring||Gil Gerard; Erin Gray; Tim O'Connor|
|Next||"Vegas in Space"|
"Planet of the Slave Girls" is the second episode of season one of the American science fiction television series Buck Rogers in the 25th Century. The series is based on the original Buck Rogers comic strip created by Philip Francis Nolan. The episode was directed by Michael Caffey with a script written by Steve Greenberg, Aubrey Solomon, and Cory Applebaum. It first aired on ABC on Thursday, September 27th, 1979.
|Gil Gerard||Captain William "Buck" Rogers|
|Erin Gray||Colonel Wilma Deering|
|Tim O'Connor||Doctor Elias Huer|
Guest Starring Edit
|David Groh||Major Duke Danton|
|Roddy McDowell||Governor Saroyan|
|Macdonald Carey||Doctor Mallory|
|Karen Carlson||Stella Warden|
|Michael Mullins||Regis Saroyan|
|Buster Crabbe||Brigadier Gordon|
|Sheila DeWindt||Major Fields|
|Diane Markoff||Female pilot|
|June Whitley Taylor||Woman|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- Buck Rogers in the 25th Century was created by Glen A. Larson, based on characters created by Philip Francis Nolan.
- This episode is production code number S01E02.
- This episode had a special two-hour running time. Syndicated broadcasts usually split the episode into two parts. As such, "Buck Rogers: Planet of the Slave Girls (Part 1)", and "Buck Rogers: Planet of the Slave Girls (Part 2)", both redirect to this page.
- "Planet of the Slave Girls" also redirects to this page.
- Actor Buster Crabbe is famous for being the original Flash Gordon in the old Flash Gordon serial films by Republic Pictures. This is one of his final television acting works.
- Buck Rogers: Gordon, where did you learn to shoot like that?
- Brigadier Gordon: I've been doing this since long before you were born, Captain.
- Buck Rogers: You think so?
- Brigadier Gordon: Young man, I know so.
- Doctor Theopolis: We're next, Twiki! [the tunnel starts lighting up toward them, indicating it is time to launch] Here we go! [Twiki hits the throttle, and the starfighter accelerates out of the launch bay]
- Twiki: Geronimo!
- Buck Rogers: If you call that interference, there's something wrong with your Funk and Wagnalls.