|This page is similar in name or subject to other pages.
|Aliases:||Captain Cold |
Leonard Snart 
Captain Cold is a fictional assassin and a minor character featured in the CW Network television series Smallville. He appeared in a brief scene with no dialogue in the twentieth episode of season ten, "Prophecy". This is the only appearance of the character.
Almost nothing is known about this mysterious man save that he was an assassin hired by Winslow Schott and was an associate of Marionette Ventures and part of his self-styled "Legion of Doom". He wore a thick blue parka with white fur on the hood.
Schott put together a forum of villains and gave them assignment to track down and kill associates of Clark Kent. This man was given the task of killing the young super-speedster Bart Allen, though he never succeeded in this duty. 
Notes & Trivia Edit
- The character of Captain Cold was created by director Mike Rohl and writers Anne Cofell Saunders and Bryan Q. Miller based on concepts originally developed by John Broome and Carmine Infantino.
- The DC Comics version of Captain Cold first appeared in the second story in Showcase #8 in June, 1957 titled, "The Coldest Man on Earth!".
- Captain Cold is never identified by name in the actual episode. This database is making the assumption that he shares the same identity as his DC Comics counterpart.
- The actor who portrays Captain Cold is unidentified and unknown.
- Captain Cold's association with the Legion of Doom is a throwback to the 1978 Hanna-Barbera Productions animated series Challenge of the Super Friends, which included a super-villain team called the Legion of Doom, of which Captain Cold was a member.
- This is the second live-action iteration of the Captain Cold character and the third television version of the character. The character appeared in the animated series Challenge of the Super Friends, where he was voiced by actor Dick Ryal. A live-action version of Leonard Snart appeared in the "Captain Cold" episode of The Flash TV series in 1991 where he was played by actor Michael Champion. After Smallville, another version of Captain Cold will make repeat appearances on the 2014 version of The Flash where he will be portrayed by Wentworth Miller. This version of the character will also go on to become a series regular on Legends of Tomorrow.
See also Edit
External Links Edit
- ↑ This man is never identified as Captain Cold on Smallville. The code name is taken from visual cues which bear similarities to the look of Captain Cold as seen in issues of The Flash comic book series by DC Comics.
- ↑ Leonard Snart is the civilian name of Captain Cold in DC Comics continuity. He is never identified by this name on Smallville.
- ↑ Smallville: Prophecy