Sunday December 19 is Alyssa Milano’s Birthday! We made this image like a way of celebrating her Bday! http://41.media.tumblr.com/bc3e5a3055539a5a3fd89bf217bddd7b/tumblr_mwqnad0Wh51qjwbzfo1_500.jpg
1.askpheobe reblogged this from charmed-daily
• Brian Krause originally auditioned for the part of Andy Truedo but got the part of Leo Wyatt
•The opening theme, "How Soon is Now" is a cover by Love Spit Love of a song by ‘80s British band The Smiths. It originally appeared in The Craft, also about witches.
• Holly Marie Combs is the only actress to appear in every single episode during the 8 season run of 'Charmed (1998)’ and the unaired pilot.
• “Charmed and Dangerous” was originally meant to be the fourth season finale, with the following story lines used for the fifth season and “Long Live the Queen” was to be the 100th episode.
• The Book of Shadows weighs 9 pounds, 6 ounces and is the most valuable thing on set.
•The character Phoebe didn’t own a car of her own until season five. Before then she either rode her bike, used public transport, or had to ask her sisters for transportation.
•Alyssa Milano liked the drawings made for the Book of Shadows so much that she had the artist paint murals on her walls at home.
•The make-up design for the demon Belthazor was based on the same make-up style used for the character of Darth Maul in Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace.
• “Vaya Con Leos” was Rose McGowan’s 100th Episode
• In one episode, Belthazor says “I find your lack of faith disturbing.” This is a quote from Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope, originally said by Darth Vader.
• Every season finale, except for season six, ends with the doors of the Halliwell house closing.
• Holly and Alyssa produced the episodes from season five and six. Shannen directed some episodes.
• The 100th episode of Charmed was first shown on January 19, 2003!
• The Halliwell Manor attic used in the series was just a “set”. The actual attic was locked.
• The first musical guest in P3 was the band Dishwalla, and the last was Liz Phair.
▢ DID YOU KNOW ABOUT TAPE-BALL? HERE IS TAPE-BALL’S STORY! ▢
Tapeball is a ball of tape, the marks that the actors stand on so they know where to stand and where to go. It was created at the beginning of season 7 when Gary Boatner began collecting all the marks of the actors.
Everyone has a different color:
Holly Marie Combs - Orange
Alyssa Milano - Pink
Rose McGowan - Blue
Brian Krause - Green
Dorian Gregory - Red
Right before Christmas, Tapeball was stolen. The crew got a note that said that “The followers of the Golden Path” had taken and hidden it.
Six weeks later, the crew found the ball back on the bed of Piper. It was covered in shipping tape and had a note attached that said that Tapeball was a “devil ball” and that it gave them a hard time and they decided to give it back. Tapeball returned on the same day that Julian McMahon returned for the 150th episode of the show, coincidence?
Everyone on set loved Tapeball. Whenever a new guest star was on set they would be immediately drawn to him and wanted their pictures taken with him. Due to his overwhelming popularity, Gary Boatner decided that Tapeball was to be ‘grown’ for the entire season. They would then auction Tapeball off together with all autographed pictures. All proceeds would go to charity.
Also Tapeball is covered in autographs himself from Alyssa, Holly, Rose, and other actors from Charmed.
• After the series ended, Tapeball was sold on Ebay. A few months later, its buyer sold him again on Ebay. Tapeball is now with a happy fan of the show and hopefully still whole.
• Tapeball made a cameo-appearance in the season 7 episode Imaginary Fiends in Wyatt’s preschool.
Text via charmedwiki.
To see pictures of cast with Tape-Ball click HERE!