|Running time:||60 min.|
|Production company:||BBC Cymru Wales|
|Executive producers:||Steven Moffat; Brian Minchin; Patrick Ness|
|Principal cast:||Greg Austin; Fady Elsayed; Sophie Hopkins; Vivian Oparah; Katherine Kelly|
|First aired:||January 9th, 2017|
|Last aired:||January 30th, 2017|
Class is a British science fiction television series and a spin-off of the Doctor Who franchise. The setting of the series is the Coal Hill Academy in Shoreditch, England, which involves a staff and student body that find themselves once again serving as both prey and the front line of defense against various alien threats. The Coal Hill School has been a permanent fixture in the "Whoverse" since the very beginning, but now plays a larger role in the ever-expanding Doctor Who mythology.
The series features an ensemble cast which includes Greg Austin - a humanoid alien prince, who is now hiding out on Earth, along with his indentured servant, Andra'ath, played by Katherine Kelly, who takes on the guise of a school teacher named Miss Andrea Quill. The series also stars Fady Elsayed as Ram Singh, Sophie Hopkins as April MacLean, and Vivian Oparah as Tanya Adeola - all of whom are students at the school.
Class was produced by BBC Cymru Wales and BBC America and began airing on BBC One on April 15th, 2017. Producers on the series included Derek Ritchie and executive producers Brian Minchin, Steven Moffat, and Patrick Ness.
|Greg Austin||Charlie Smith|
|Fady Elsayed||Ram Singh|
|Sophie Hopkins||April MacLean|
|Vivian Oparah||Tanya Adeola|
|Katherine Kelly||Andrea Quill/Andra'ath|
|1x01||For Tonight We Might Die||April 15th, 2017|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- Class is the sixth spin-off series of Doctor Who. Other shows that have spun out of the franchise include P.R.O.B.E., K9, The Sarah Jane Adventures, Torchwood, and the Doctor Who Animated Series.
- The pilot episode of the series aired immediately following "The Pilot" episode of Doctor Who, which was the first episode of season ten.
- Peter Capaldi, who plays the Twelfth Doctor on Doctor Who made a guest appearance in the pilot episode.
- Edward Bazalgette was the first director on the series.
- Patrick Ness was the first writer on the series.
See also Edit
External Links Edit