|Series:||Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles|
|Location:||Los Angeles, California|
David Lyman is a fictional surgeon featured in the Terminator multimedia franchise. He appeared in the FOX Network spin-off series Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. He was played by actor Sean Smith and made a single appearance in episode 1x04 of the series, "Heavy Metal".
David Lyman was a plastic surgeon, who operated out of an office in Los Angeles, California. One of his patients, was an unemployed actor named George Laszlo, who came in to get some work done on his nose and chin.
One evening in 2007, a T-888 Terminator known as Cromartie broke into Lyman's office. Doctor Lyman was working late that night, recording notes on one of his 33-year-old female patients when he heard Cromartie making noise in another room. Lyman entered the office and found Cromartie scanning through patient records on his computer. Nervously, he told the cloaked man that he had to leave. In a robotic voice, Cromartie told Lyman that he required plastic surgery. Lyman said that he needed to make an appointment for a consultation. At this, the Terminator exposed his face to him, revealing a noticeably non-human epidermal tissue. He forced Lyman to perform immediate surgery on him. From analyzing the patient records, he forced him to give him features resembling George Laszlo. After which, Cromartie broke Lyman's neck. 
Notes & Trivia Edit
- The character of David Lyman was created by director Sergio Mimica Gezzan and teleplay writer John Enbom based on concepts originally developed by Josh Friedman, staff writer Denise Thé and franchise creators James Cameron and Gale Anne Hurd.
- "Heavy Metal" is Doctor Lyman's only appearance in the series.
- In the episode, the character is credited only as Doctor Lyman. His first name, David, is provided on the signage on his office door.
- David Lyman is the first character seen in the episode. He is also the first character with speaking lines.
- Doctor Lyman is killed off-camera in the episode. This also makes him the first character death in the episode.
- In the science fiction genre, actor Sean Smith also played an alien crewman in "The Catwalk" episode of Star Trek: Enterprise. He also played a scientist in the 2007 feature film version of Transformers.