|This page is similar in name or subject to other pages.
|"Slouching Towards Bethlehem"|
Season 2, Episode 8
|Airdate||August 7th, 2014|
|Writer||Bryan Q. Miller|
|Producer||Michael Taylor; Bryan Q. Miller; Paul Leonard; Anupam Nigam; Michael Nankin; Mark Winemaker; Todd Slavkin; Darren Swimmer; Kevin Murphy; Michael D. Gibson; Brian Allen Alexander; Amanda Alpert Muscat; Michael Freeman; Ryan Greig; Alexander Wood|
|Starring||Grant Bowler; Julie Benz; Stephanie Leonidas; Tony Curran; Jaime Murray; Graham Greene; Jesse Rath; James Murray|
|Previous||"If You Could See Her Through My Eyes"|
|Next||"Painted from Memory"|
"Slouching Towards Bethlehem" is the eighth episode of season two of the science fiction television series Defiance and the twenty-first episode of the series overall (if one counts the two-part series pilot as two episodes). It was directed by Larry Shaw with a script written by Bryan Q. Miller. It first aired on Syfy on Thursday, August 7th, 2014 at 8:00 pm.
Principal Cast Edit
|Grant Bowler||Joshua Nolan|
|Julie Benz||Amanda Rosewater|
|Stephanie Leonidas||Irisa Nyira|
|Tony Curran||Datak Tarr|
|Jaime Murray||Stahma Tarr|
|Graham Greene||Rafe McCawley|
|Jesse Rath||Alak Tarr|
|James Murray||Niles Pottinger|
Guest Stars Edit
|Mia Kirshner||Indogene Kenya|
|Dewshane Williams||Tommy LaSalle|
|Trenna Keating||Meh Yewll|
|Anna Hopkins||Jessica "Berlin" Rainer|
|Kristina Pesic||Deirdre Lamb|
|Douglas Nyback||Frei Poole|
|William Atherton||Berto Mercado|
|Merwin Mondesir||Mahsuvus Gorath|
|Kevin Shand||Raiga Suhon|
|Lizz Alexander||Fishmonger Fionu|
|Katie Douglas||Young Irisa/Irzu|
|Mishka Thebaud||Sergeant Goldberg|
|Ian Matheson||Casti businessman|
|Anders Yates||Angry Castithan|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- This episode is rated TV-14 (LSV). It contains language, sexual situations and violence.
- This episode had a viewership of 1.615 million people, .5 million of which were within the 18-49 age demographic. It is up by .138 from last episode.
- "Slouching Toward Bethlehem" is also the title episode 4x04 of the WB Network television series Angel.
- This is the first episode of Defiance directed by Larry Shaw. It is one of two episodes that he will direct in season two.
- This is the first episode of Defiance written by Bryan Q. Miller. It is his only episode from season two of the show. His next episode is "Ostinato in White" in season three.
- The title of this episode is taken from the second verse in the poem The Second Coming by W.B. Yeats, which was written in 1919 and first printed in 1920. The full line is "And what rough beast, its hour come round at last, slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?" Lines from this poem have also been used in episode titles of another popular sci-fi fixture, Andromeda, such as "Its Hour Come 'Round at Last".
- Slouching Towards Bethlehem is also the title of a book of essays by Joan Didion, which was printed in 1968. Didion took her title from the poem The Second Coming by W.B. Yeats.
- There are no bloopers available for this episode at this time. Be the first to add some! Just click on the edit tab under the section heading and start typing. A blooper is any revealing mistake that can be found within the episode that the production crew may have missed during editing. This can range from inconsistent lines of dialogue to visible production equipment in the shot to mis-spoken lines of dialogue, or... dare we say it? A wardrobe malfunction.
- Stahma Tarr: Nolan. Such a unique man. There's a certain air about him. Leather, bourbon, gun grease.
- Irisa Nyira: You're wrong.
- Joshua Nolan: I'm never wrong.
- Irisa Nyira: You're always wrong.
- Joshua Nolan: I'm occasionally wrong. But my heart's always in the right place.
- Joshua Nolan: You shot yourself in the head?
- Irisa Nyira: More like the neck. Barrel slipped.
- Joshua Nolan: I taught you better than that. Don't do that again.
See also Edit
The World of Defiance
External Links Edit
This article pertains to an episode from season two of the Defiance television series.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the Defiance/Season 2 episodes category.