|Relatives:||Tracy Davis |
|First:||"It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester"|
Don Harding is a fictional warlock and a minor character featured on the CW Network television series Supernatural. Played by actor Don McManus, he appeared in the seventh episode of season four, "It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester".
The man who would one day become known as Don Harding was actually a warlock from the 15th century. He had a sister who would adopt the modern name Tracy Davis. In the modern era, Don Harding worked as a crafts teacher at a high school in an unknown American town. Tracy took the form of a blonde-haired teenager and attended the school as a student. Both Don and Tracy were acolytes of Samhain and were preparing to perform a ritual to manifest Samhain on Earth - a ritual that could only be performed once every six-hundred years. Don and Tracy disagreed with one another on several points and their issues even turned physical when Tracy attacked him in the middle of school one day.
On October 30th 2008, Tracy sacrificed two people as part of the blood ritual required to summon Samhain. Sam and Dean Winchester investigated the deaths and began to suspect Tracy's involvement. They went to the school to question Don, who told them about the incident that resulted in Tracy being suspended.
On Halloween night, Don intended on using Tracy as the third sacrifice. He had her bound and gagged and began reciting an incantation. Before he could take Tracy's life however, Sam and Dean burst into the room and shot him to death. After Tracy was freed, she momentarily incapacitated the brothers and used her brother's death as the third sacrifice. She spoke the incantation and the spirit of Samhain took possession of Don Harding's corpse.
Samhain went to a nearby cemetery where he used his power to resurrect the dead, calling forth ghosts and ghouls. Sam Winchester fought against Samhain and was able to banish his spirit to Hell through his power of exorcism. 
Notes & Trivia Edit
- The character of Don Harding was created by director Charles Beeson and writer Julie Siege based on concepts developed by Eric Kripke.
- Don Harding's actual name and age is unknown. Although he took the form of someone who was visibly older than Tracy Davis, it is just as likely that he may have been the younger sibling.
- Actor Don McManus received a third-billing guest star credit in the episode after Robert Wisdom and Misha Collins.
See also Edit
External Links Edit
- ↑ Sister; also a witch; deceased.
- ↑ Supernatural: It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester