Emily Woodrow is a fictional character featured in the Preacher comic book series by Vertigo, an imprint of DC Comics. She was introduced in issue #1 of the series. Emily also appeared on the Preacher television series on AMC where she was played by actress Lucy Griffiths.
Emily Woodrow was a young woman from Annville, Texas who also had a gaggle of kids. She was an active member in the community and one of the organizers of the All Saints Congregational church, which was presided over by preacher Jesse Custer.
A timid and demure woman, she held the sanctity of the church in high regard, though she occasionally felt that the pews were in dire need of being filled. Though she usually remained silent about Jesse Custer's more colorful traits, she took some notable exception to his friend Cassidy, particularly after he stole several cases of communion wine. 
Jesse Custer came over to pick her brain about ideas for the church. He told Emily about holding a raffle for a large-screen TV. Emily agreed to pick up the TV set from the store and asked Miles Person to watch her kids for her.
That same evening when Emily returned home, Miles and she shared a bottle of wine and got a little intoxicated. Miles always had an interest in Emily, but she told him flatly that they would never be together. 
Notes & Trivia Edit
- Actress Lucy Griffiths is also known for playing a vampire named Nora Gainsborough no the HBO series True Blood.
- This is actually Lucy Griffiths second work on a TV series based on a DC Comics property. She previously played a character named Liv Aberdine on the "Non Est Asylum" episode of Constantine.
- Emily Woodrow's children are named Tommy and Alice Woodrow.
- Preacher: Pilot
- Preacher: See
- Preacher: The Possibilities
- Preacher: Monster Swamp
- Preacher: South Will Rise Again
- Preacher: Sundowner
- Preacher: He Gone
- Preacher: El Valero
- Preacher: Finish the Song
- Preacher: Call and Response