|"Pilot (Part 1)"|
Season 1, Episode 0
|Airdate||September 20th, 1990|
|Writer||Danny Bilson; Paul De Meo|
|Producer||Don Kurt; Danny Bilson; Paul De Meo; Michael Lacoe|
|Starring||John Wesley Shipp; Amanda Pays; Alex Desert; Paula Marshall|
|Next||"Pilot (Part 2)"|
"Pilot (Part 1)" is the first part of the premiere episode of the superhero action/fantasy series The Flash. It was directed by Robert Iscove and written by series creators Danny Bilson, and Paul De Meo. It first aired on CBS on Thursday, September 20th, 1990 at 8:00 pm. The main stars of the show include John Wesley Shipp as Barry Allen, aka the Flash, Amanda Pays as scientist Tina McGee, Alex Désert as Barry's scientist lab partner Julio Mendez and Paula Marshall as Barry's girlfriend, Iris West.
Note: The following cast list applies to both Part I and Part II of the series pilot. Not all actors are necessarily in both installments.
Principal Cast Edit
|John Wesley Shipp||The Flash, Barry Allen|
|Amanda Pays||Tina McGee|
|Alex Desert||Julio Mendez|
|Paula Marshall||Iris West|
Guest Stars Edit
|Michael Nader||Nicholas Pike|
|Tim Thomerson||Jay Allen|
|Priscilla Pointer||Nora Allen|
|Richard Belzer||Joe Kline|
|Robert Hooks||Chief Arthur Cooper|
|M. Emmet Walsh||Henry Allen|
|Patrie Allen||Eve Allen|
|Biff Manard||Officer Michael Murphy|
|Vito D'Ambrosio||Officer Tony Bellows|
|Justin Burnette||Shawn Allen|
|Ricky Dean Logan||Scott|
|Mariko Tse||Linda Park|
|Sam Vlahos||Doctor Lawrence|
|David L. Crowley||SWAT captain|
|Richard Hoyt-Miller||Young father|
|Jan Stango||Young mother|
|Brad "Cat" Sevy||Waiter|
|Frank Foti, Jr.||Security guard|
|Christopher Murray||Highway patrolman|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- This episode is rated TV-PG (retroactive ratings classification).
- This episode had a special airtime of 8:00 pm. 
- This is the only episode of the series where Paula Marshall is credited with the main cast.
- Actor Robert Hooks is given a "Special Appearance by" credit.
- Don Kurt receives an opening producer's credit while Danny Bilson, Paul De Meo and Michael Lacoe receive producer credits during the closing credit scene.
- The character of Nicholas Pike is credited only as Pike in this episode.
- This is the only episode that Iris West makes an appearance in.
- Actor Brad "Cat" Sevy, who plays a waiter in this episode, returns for a brief scene in the series finale, "The Trial of the Trickster". In this episode he is wearing a ponytail, while in the finale he is rocking full mullet. This is Brad's first television acting work.
- There are no allusions available for this episode at this time. Be the first to add some! Just click on the edit tab under the section heading and start typing. An allusion is an incidental reference made to a character, person, event or other miscellaneous piece of media that can be found somewhere in the episode itself. In most cases, this refers to characters or events from previous episodes.
- There are no bloopers available for this episode at this time. Be the first to add some! Just click on the edit tab under the section heading and start typing. A blooper is any revealing mistake that can be found within the episode that the production crew may have missed during editing. This can range from inconsistent lines of dialogue to visible production equipment in the shot to mis-spoken lines of dialogue, or... dare we say it? A wardrobe malfunction.
Note: Quotations in this section may be taken from either Part I or Part II.
- Barry Allen: Pike has been terrorizing the city. Well, I'm gonna terrorize him. You know that insignia of his, that blood dot they all wear on their backs? Well, I've got one of my own.
- Barry Allen: Pretty frightening how you and your friends were caught last night. What was it again, a--a demon? Yeah. The guys around the station think you're all on drugs, you know. Or crazy. But I know better. I know you really did see a demon. He was as red as blood, wasn't he? And fast. Like a flash. So if you care about Pike, you'll tell us where he is. Because, Lila, if we don't find him... the Flash will.
- Julio Mendez: What happened?
- Barry Allen: Ummm, I guess I lost my grip.
- Julio Mendez: Yeah, well, I'm switching you to decaf, man.
- Tina McGee: If the people I work with learn about you, they're going to take control of your treatment. You'll be studied, analyzed, tested...
- Barry Allen: They can't do that, I'm a private citizen.
- Tina McGee: Look, if you have anywhere near the power I suspect you do, the government will classify you as a security risk.
- Barry Allen: Whoa.
- Tina McGee: They'll try to take your cells apart, try to make a hundred of you.
- Barry Allen: I think you've been reading too many comic books.
- The Flash: I realize how an unhappy childhood probably led you to all this. But that's really no excuse.
See also Edit
External Links Edit