Season 1, Episode 4
|Airdate||October 4th, 1980|
|Producer||Brian Lawrence; David Reid; Roy Skeggs|
|Starring||Barbara Kellerman; Gary Bond; Norman Beaton; Tariq Yunus; Matthew Blakstad; Christopher Reilly; Daphne Anderson; Michael Hughes; Anna Simone Scott; Geoffrey Beevers|
|Next||"The House That Bled to Death"|
"Growing Pains" is the fourth episode of the horror anthology series Hammer House of Horror. The episode was directed by Francis Megahy with a script written by Nicholas Palmer. It first aired on on ITV in the United Kingdom on Saturday, October 4th, 1980.
|Barbara Kellerman||Laurie Morton|
|Gary Bond||Terence Morton|
|Norman Beaton||Mister Ngenko|
|Tariq Yunus||Charles Austin|
Guest Starring Edit
|Christopher Reilly||William Morton|
|Michael Hughes||Mechanic, Thornton|
|Karin Scott||Nurse Foster|
- This episode deals with concepts such as disturbed children and strange & unfamiliar settings.
- This is the first of two episodes of Hammer House of Horror directed by Francis Megahy. He also directs episode 1x09, "Carpathian Eagle".
- This is the only episode of Hammer House of Horror written by Nicholas Palmer. This is his final work in the horror genre. It is also his second-to-last work as a writer.
- Growing Pains is also the name of an American sitcom series. It aired on ABC from 1985 to 1992 and followed the exploits of the fictional Seaver family of Long Island.
- There are no quotes available for this episode at this time. Be the first to add some! Just click on the edit tab under the section heading and start typing. The preferred format for quotes is an asterisk, followed by the character's name (bold and hyper-linked), semi-colon then the quote itself (without quotation marks. Quotes should be separated by four elipses (....) unless multiple quotes are used between characters as part of a conversation.