Season 1, Episode 11
|Airdate||May 25th, 2015|
|Producer||Joseph Berger-Davis; Scott Graham; Gloria Calderon Kellett; Kit Boss; Dan Etheridge; Danielle Stokdyk; Diane Ruggiero-Wright; Rob Thomas|
|Starring||Rose McIver; Malcolm Goodwin; Rahul Kohli; Robert Buckley; David Anders|
|Next||"Dead Rat, Live Rat, Brown Rat, White Rat"|
"Astroburger" is the eleventh episode of season one of the paranormal crime drama series iZombie. It was directed by Michael Fields with a script written by Kit Boss. It first aired on the CW Network on Tuesday, May 25th, 2015 at 10:00 pm. In this episode, Liv Moore must consume the brain of a suicide victim who happened to be someone close to Major Lilywhite. She begins experiencing waves of intense emotional turmoil and paranoia. Clive Babineaux learns about a computer file that might shed some light on the investigation.
Principal Cast Edit
|Rose McIver||Olivia "Liv" Moore|
|Malcolm Goodwin||Clive Babineaux|
|Rahul Kohli||Doctor Ravi Chakrabarti|
|Robert Buckley||Major Lilywhite|
|David Anders||Blaine DeBeers|
Guest Stars Edit
|Aly Michalka||Peyton Charles|
|Hiro Kanagawa||Lieutenant Suzuki|
|Aleks Paunovic||Julien Dupont|
|Daran Norris||Johnny Frost|
|Melinda Page Hamilton||Maddy Larson|
|Bryce Hodgson||Scott E|
|Trish Allen||Bored nurse|
|Dawn Chubai||Kathi Emerson|
|Kyle Donaldson||Aaron Lewis|
|Graeme Duffy||Nice orderly/Jeff|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- iZombie was developed by Rob Thomas & Diane Ruggiero-Wright. Based on the characters created by Chris Roberson and Michael Allred for Vertigo.
- This episode is rated TV-14.
- This episode is production code number 3J5511/T2712511.
- This episode is included on the iZombie: The Complete First Season DVD collection, which was produced by Warner Home Video and released in Region 1 format on September 29th, 2015.
- Series co-creator and executive producer Diane Ruggiero is credited as Diane Ruggiero-Wright in this episode.
- This is the second episode of iZombie directed by Michael Fields. He directs three episodes from season one. He previously directed "The Exterminator". His next episode is "Blaine's World".
- This is the second episode of iZombie written by Kit Boss. He writes two episodes from season one. He previously wrote "Liv and Let Clive".
- The opening tagline of this episode is "Game over, man". This phrase was made popular by Bill Paxton's character, Corporal Hicks in the 1986 sci-fi film Aliens.
- The movie that Peyton Charles wants to play is Vertigo, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, and starring Jimmy Stewart and Kim Novak. The film was produced by Paramount Pictures and released in 1958. It may also be a tongue-in-cheek reference to the Vertigo comic book imprint of DC Comics, which publishes the iZombie comic book series.
- The astronaut seen on the new report, Alan York, is a reference to a similar character in Rob Thomas's novel Rats Saw God.
- Major Lilywhite makes reference to the film One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest in this episode. Specifically, the end scene when Chief picks up a bolted sink, throws it through the window and escapes from the mental institution.
- Another film referenced in this episode is Harvey, which was directed by Henry Koster and released in 1950. It also stars Jimmy Stewart who plays a man who believes that a large talking white rabbit is his companion.
- There are no bloopers available for this episode at this time. Be the first to add some! Just click on the edit tab under the section heading and start typing. A blooper is any revealing mistake that can be found within the episode that the production crew may have missed during editing. This can range from inconsistent lines of dialogue to visible production equipment in the shot to mis-spoken lines of dialogue, or... dare we say it? A wardrobe malfunction.
- Liv Moore: Careful. Don't open yourself up to the classic Reversed Sicilian Gambit. That's a chess thing, right?
- Major Lilywhite: Sounds more something a call girl would make you pay extra for.
- Ravi Chakrabarti: Did you know there were two General Tsos, both from the Qing dynasty? This dish was named after the other who suppressed the Dungan Revolt.
- Major Lilywhite: No. But I do now.
- Ravi Chakrabarti: Then this chicken did not die in vain.
- Peyton Charles: I can almost taste the crushed dreams of Dungan rebels.
- Major Lilywhite: If you want to feel better about your mental health, spend a couple of days with some clinically insane people.
- Peyton Charles: I do it every Thanksgiving.
- Blaine DeBeers: In the future, remember that I like my information the same way you like your brains.
- Lieutenant Suzuki: Unconditional?
- Blaine DeBeers: Fresh.
See also Edit
External Links Edit