|Production company:||Universal Network Television; Davis Entertainment; Yellow Brick Road Productions|
|Executive producers:||Teri Weinberg; John Davis; John Fox; Ron West; David Semel|
|Principal cast:||Blair Underwood; Kenneth Choi; Brent Sexton; Pablo Schreiber; Spencer Grammer; Neal Bledsoe|
|First aired:||October 2nd, 2013|
Ironside is a television series that begins airing on NBC on October 2nd, 2013. It is a reboot of the like-named 1960s television series which was created by Collier Young, and starred Raymond Burr. The plot revolves around main character Robert Ironside, "A tough, sexy, but acerbic police detective using a wheelchair after a shooting is hardly limited by his disability as he pushes and prods his hand-picked team to solve the most difficult cases in the city."
Captain Ed Rollins:
Season One Edit
- Main article: Ironside (2013)/Season 1
|1x1||Pilot||October 2nd, 2013|
|1x2||Pentimento||October 9th, 2013|
|1x3||Uptown Murders||October 16th, 2013|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- Executive Producer Teri Weinberg's previous projects include: Ugly Betty, The Tudors, and The Office
- Executive Producer John Davis' previous projects include: Gulliver's Travels and Predator
- Executive Producer David Semel's previous projects include: Heroes
- Director Peter Horton's previous projects include: Deception and Grey's Anatomy
The casting of Blair Underwood in a role of a paraplegic despite the fact the actor does not have a physical disability requiring a wheelchair has become a sore spot with several wheelchair-bound actors. Sons of Anarchy actor Kurt Yaeger, himself an amputee, is quoted as saying "This would be like being in the '50s and having a white guy do blackface, at this point. You need to start having disabled people playing disabled characters. Period." Auti Angel, a paralyzed actress who appears in the Sundance Channel’s reality series Push Girls said "What are they afraid of? There are so many extremely talented individuals who are performing artists with a different ability." Disabled independent filmmaker Larry Sapp is actually boycotting the show, and has started a Facebook page called "Don't Shoot Ironside."
External Links Edit
- ↑ Blair Underwood Joins Ironside Remake - Vulture - February 5, 2013
- ↑ Blair Underwood is the new Ironside in NBC's new Ironside - A.V. Club - February 5, 2013
- ↑ NBC's 'Ironside' Faces Controversy Over Not Casting Disabled People - The Huffington Post - September 27, 2013
- ↑ Not Everyone Is Happy With The Guy In NBC's 'Ironside' Reboot - Indiewire - May 21, 2013
- ↑ Hollywood’s Disabled Actors Protest NBC’s ‘Ironside’ Casting – When Is It Their Turn? - The Wrap - May 20, 2013
The following is a list of programs currently airing in the United States. Individual programs are categorized by genre.