|"Flash and Substance"|
Season 3/5 , Episode 5
|Airdate||February 11th, 2006|
|Director||Joaquim Dos Santos|
|Producer||Dwayne McDuffie; Bruce Timm; James Tucker|
|Starring||Michael Rosenbaum; Kevin Conroy; Ron Perlman; Mark Hamill|
|Previous||"To Another Shore"|
"Flash and Substance" is the fifth episode of season five of the animated superhero fantasy series Justice League Unlimited. It is the third season of the show under this title, having been previously known as just Justice League. Combining the episode totals of both programs, it is the 83rd episode of the series overall. The script for this episode was written by Matt Wayne. This episode is a Flash spotlight episode.
In this episode, the Flash returns to his old stomping grounds in Keystone City, where he is expected to attend a dedication ceremony of the Flash Museum. As expected, Flash must contend with a bevy of his classic foes, including the Rogues Gallery. The most dangerous foe however is Mirror Master. Batman and the New God known as Orion accompany him, but quickly discover that the Flash's methods for dealing with super-villain threats varies greatly from their own.
Principal Cast Edit
|Michael Rosenbaum||The Flash, Wally West|
|Kevin Conroy||Batman, Bruce Wayne|
Guest Villains Edit
|Alexis Denisof||Mirror Master, Sam Scudder|
|Mark Hamill||Trickster, James Jesse|
|Donal Gibson||Captain Boomerang|
|Lex Lang||Captain Cold, Leonard Snart|
|Kim Mai Guest||Linda Park/Eileen|
- There are no notations or trivia available for this episode at this time. Be the first to add some! Just click on the edit tab under the section heading and start typing. This may include all out-of-universe as well as in-universe information relating to the episode. Acceptable notations may include:
- The production code number for the episode.
- Home video availability for the episode (VHS, DVD, Blu-ray, etc.), as well as which services provide digital download copies and/or streaming video services.
- How many episodes in this series the director may have worked on.
- How many episodes in this series the writer may have worked on.
- Unique spelling or mis-spelling of selected cast and crew member, which may differ from how they are identified in other works.
- Character appearances and other annotations.
- The falling banner at the conclusion of the Flash Museum fight is visually similar to a scene at the end of Jurassic Park when the Tyrannosaur looks towards the camera as the banner falls to the ground.
- There are no bloopers available for this episode at this time. Be the first to add some! Just click on the edit tab under the section heading and start typing. A blooper is any revealing mistake that can be found within the episode that the production crew may have missed during editing. This can range from inconsistent lines of dialogue to visible production equipment in the shot to mis-spoken lines of dialogue, or... dare we say it? A wardrobe malfunction.
- Flash: Oh right, uh, cause it's Flash Appreciation Day. Yeah, it'll be great. I understand if everybody's too busy to come, no biggie. My mom's gonna be there. Let's see, my uncle's flying in. Be great if one of the original seven made it. I mean, okay, yeah, it's the Flash Museum, but to me, the whole League deserves the honor, all of us, like I said no biggie...
- Batman: What time?
- Flash: Six o'clock. Nooooo... you're really coming?... Awesome! You're a stand up guy, Bats, don't ever let them call you a crazed loner.
- Mirror Master: So, we're the hardest men in town...
- Waitress: What will it be, boys?
- Captain Boomerang: Arnold Palmer.
- Trickster: Cherry Cola.
- Mirror Master: Decaf soy latte.
- Captain Cold: Milk. (everyone stares) My ulcer's been acting up.
- Flash: Mirror Master!
- Mirror Master: You’re as quick as ever!
- Flash: Yeah? Well, you're... you’re not really all there!
- Mirror Master: Oooh! Nice try! If you had another minute, you’d probably think of a decent comeback. Sadly you don’t have the time. In another minute you’ll be dead!
- Trickster: Me next! It’s my turn! Nothing as stupid as a giant boomerang. First, I get 400 cases of fake dog vomit. I grease the bottoms of them and when the Flash runs into them, the whole mess slides into a wall of metal spikes. The cases break open and what’s left of the Flash is buried alive in phony barf! And then… everything explodes!
- Captain Cold: You know what? Taking turns is dumb, let's all just jump him at the museum.
- Captain Boomerang: Brilliant!
- Mirror Master: Good deal...
- Trickster: But c'mon, it'll be great. Okay, you don't like the barf, I can make do with 50,000 rotten eggs and a chain saw. (everyone leaves) Okay, if that's the way you're going to be about it, forget it - I quit! Nobody gets me...
- Captain Cold: That's it? I was all set to crack some bones!
See also Edit
External Links Edit
- ↑ This episode is part of season three of Justice League Unlimited, but part of season five of the combined Justice League Unlimited and Justice League.