Season 3, Episode 9
|Airdate||December 4th, 2004|
|Writer||Dwayne McDuffie; J.M. DeMatteis|
|Director||Joaquim Dos Santos; Dan Riba|
|Producer||Dwayne McDuffie; Bruce Timm; James Tucker; Shaun McLaughlin|
|Starring||Kevin Conroy; Susan Eisenberg; George Newbern|
"Ultimatum" is the ninth episode of season three of the animated superhero fantasy series Justice League Unlimited. It was crafted by series directors Joaquim Dos Santos and Dan Riba with a teleplay written by J.M. DeMatteis based on a story treatment by Dwayne McDuffie. It first aired on Cartoon Network on December 4th, 2004.
Starring the voices of Edit
- Kevin Conroy as Batman
- Susan Eisenberg as Wonder Woman
- George Newbern as Superman
- Scott Rummell as Aquaman
- James Sie as Wind Dragon
- Gregg Rainwater as Long Shadow
- Tim Matheson as Max Lord
- Grey DeLisle as Downpour/Shifter
- CCH Pounder as Amanda Waller
- Jennifer Hale as Giganta
- Robert Foxworth as Professor Hamilton
Principal Cast Edit
|Kevin Conroy||Batman, Bruce Wayne|
|Susan Eisenberg||Wonder Woman, Diana Prince|
|George Newbern||Superman, Kal-El|
Guest Stars Edit
|James Sie||Wind Dragon|
|Gregg Rainwater||Long Shadow|
|Tim Matheson||Maxwell Lord|
|CCH Pounder||Amanda Waller|
|Robert Foxworth||Professor Hamilton|
- Dwayne McDuffie - Producer; Series story editor
- Bruce Timm - Producer
- James Tucker - Producer
- Shaun McLaughlin - Line producer
- Stan Berkowitz - Series story editor
- Joaquim Dos Santos - Series director
- Dan Riba - Series director
- Michael McCuistion - Theme
- Kristopher Carter - Composer
- Andrea Romano - Voice direction & casting
Notes & Trivia Edit
- Based on DC Comics characters.
- Batman created by Bob Kane.
- Superman created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster.
- Wonder Woman created by William Moulton Marston.
- Production services provided by DR Movie Co., LTD.
- Members of the Ultimen were clearly based on superhero characters who served as "reserve" members of the Super Friends. Each member of the team corresponds to a previously seen Hanna-Barbera character.
- Juice is an analog for Black Vulcan.
- Wind Dragon is an analog for Samurai
- Long Shadow is an analog for Apache Chief
- Downpour is an analog for Zan
- Shifter is an analog for Jayna
- This is the first television appearance of Amanda Waller.
- This is the first television appearance of Maxwell Lord, who is called Max Lord in this episode. A live-action version of the character makes regular appearances on Supergirl where he is played by actor Peter Facinelli.
Comic connections Edit
- Maxwell Lord, IV is a billionaire entrepreneur who was introduced in Justice League #1 in May, 1987. He turned the Justice League into a corporate sponsor team, but ultimately became a villain gifted with mental powers.
- Amanda Waller is a government administrator and the architect of a black ops unit called Task Force X, which used a tactical response team called the Suicide Squad to carry out "off-the-book" missions. A live-action version of the character also appeared on episodes of Arrow where she was played by Cynthia Addai-Robinson.
- There are no bloopers available for this episode at this time. Be the first to add some! Just click on the edit tab under the section heading and start typing. A blooper is any revealing mistake that can be found within the episode that the production crew may have missed during editing. This can range from inconsistent lines of dialogue to visible production equipment in the shot to mis-spoken lines of dialogue, or... dare we say it? A wardrobe malfunction.
- Maxwell Lord: I was only trying to protect you from people who don't have your best interests at heart. I've always been on your side.