|Aliases:||Senator Miranda Crane|
National City, California
|First:||"Strange Visitor from Another Planet"|
Miranda Crane is a fictional politician and a recurring character featured on the CBS television series Supergirl. Played by actress Tawny Cypress, she first appeared in episode 1x11, "Strange Visitor from Another Planet".
Miranda Crane was a senator who was an active voice when it came to the threat assessment of aliens living on the planet Earth. As it turned out, she actually became the target of an alien herself. A shape-shifting White Martian captured Miranda and kept her locked away while it assumed her form and began publicly advocating stronger military measures against aliens. This was all part of a plot to draw out J'onn J'onzz, the last of the Green Martians.
The Crane Martian came to National City and made a public speech. At this time, it found J'onn and the two fought with another. The Martian was defeated with the aid of Supergirl and taken to the D.E.O. facility outside the city. The real Miranda Crane was rescued. 
Miranda Crane then publicly reversed her anti-alien agenda on national television, embracing the heroic actions of people like Supergirl. This testimonial was short-lived however after Supergirl began committing questionable acts while under the influence of Red kryptonite. Miranda's values were challenged once again when it was revealed that the D.E.O. director, Hank Henshaw, was actually J'onn J'onzz. 
Notes & Trivia Edit
- The character of Miranda Crane was created by director Glen Winter and writers Michael Grassi and Caitlin Parrish.
- Miranda Crane is exclusive to the continuity of the Supergirl television series. At the time of its initial broadcast, she did not have a DC Comics counterpart.
- Actress Tawny Cypress is also known for playing the role of Simone Deveaux from episodes of season one of the NBC television series Heroes.
- Supergirl: Strange Visitor from Another Planet (Crane & the White Martian)
- Supergirl: Falling (Crane only)