|"Wanna Play a Game?"|
Season 1, Episode 3
|Airdate||July 14th, 2015|
|Writer||Jordan Rosenberg; Meredith Glynn|
|Producer||Jordan Rosenberg; John Shiban; Matthew Signer; Keith Levine; Kay Reindl; Erin Maher; Kat Landsberg; Bob Weinstein; Harvey Weinstein; Tony DiSanto; Liz Gateley; Wes Craven; Jill Blotevogel; Jaime Paglia; Marianne Maddalena; Cathy Konrad|
|Starring||Willa Fitzgerald; Bex Taylor-Klaus; John Karna; Amadeus Serafini; Connor Weil; Carlson Young; Jason Wiles; Tracy Middendorf|
"Wanna Play a Game?" is the third episode of season one of the psycho-thriller television program Scream: The Series, which is a retooling of the Scream film series created by Wes Craven in 1996. The episode was directed by Tim Hunter with a script written by Jordan Rosenberg and Meredith Glynn. It first aired on MTV on Tuesday, July 14th, 2015 at 10:00 pm.
Principal Cast Edit
|Willa Fitzgerald||Emma Duval|
|Bex Taylor-Klaus||Audrey Jensen|
|John Karna||Noah Foster|
|Amadeus Serafini||Kieran Wilcox|
|Connor Weil||Will Belmont|
|Carlson Young||Brooke Maddox|
|Jason Wiles||Sheriff Clark Hudson|
|Tracy Middendorf||Maggie Duval|
Guest Stars Edit
|Amelia Rose Blaire||Piper Shaw|
|Bobby Campo||Seth Branson|
|Tom Maden||Jake Fitzgerald|
|Brianne Tju||Riley Marra|
|Anthony Hill||Mike Newsome|
|Taylor Murphy||Dara Aldean|
|Tyler Perez||Brett Kenner|
|Carmela Zumbado||Riley decoy|
|Mike Vaughn||The Voice|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- Scream: The Series was developed by Jill E. Blotevogel, Dan Dworkin and Jay Beattie based on concepts originally developed by Wes Craven and Kevin Williamson.
- This episode is rated TV-14.
- This episode had a viewership of 872,000 people, which is up by 61,000 from the previous episode.
- This is the second episode of Scream: The Series directed by Tim Hunter. He previously directed "Hello, Emma".
- This is the first episode of Scream: The Series written by Jordan Rosenberg. He also writes "In the Trenches".
- This is the first episode of Scream: The Series written by Meredith Glynn, who is also a story editor on the show. Her next episode as writer is "In the Trenches".
- Sadly, this is not the final time that Noah Foster will lose a love interest to the Ghostface killer. In season two, Noah's girlfriend Zoe Vaughn will drown to death while locked inside of a coffin in "The Vanishing".
- The title of this episode is taken from a trademark line of dialogue used by Ghostface in the original Scream film series. He said this to both Casey Becker and Sidney Prescott while prank-calling them.
- Audrey Jensen makes reference to Wild Things in this episode. This is a 1998 thriller film that stars Kevin Bacon, Matt Dillon, Neve Campbell, and Denise Richards. Neve Campbell played Sidney Prescott in the Scream film series.
- Emma Duval makes reference to The Fault in Our Stars in this episode. This is a 2014 romance movie directed by Josh Boone. It stars Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort as well as former True Blood actor Sam Trammell.
- The word "Unknown" is mis-spelled as "Unkown" on Emma Duval's cell phone caller ID.
Body Count Edit
- Featured kill: Riley Marra
- With this episode, the ongoing body count for season one totals 4:
- Piper Shaw: So, Noah Foster, do you think that Brandon James just snapped that night?
- Noah Foster: Nobody just snaps. I mean, a bomb doesn't become a bomb when the wick is lit.
- Piper Shaw: So if Tyler O'Neill is behind the mask and the GIF, is this an homage?
- Noah Foster: In my humble opinion, nobody puts on a mask and commits a murder like that just once. The real question is: who's next?
- Riley Marra: Still haven't heard from Noah. Everything was going great on the football field, then he raced off like the McRib was back.
- Brooke Maddox: He's clearly afraid to make a move, and you're to gorg' for these romantic Special Olympics.
- Riley Marra: Don't be mean.
- Brooke Maddox: Not mean. Brutally honest. It's a different shade of mean.
- Noah Foster: Riley, where are you? Just look around you. Tell me what you can see.
- Riley Marra: I can... see our stars.
- Kieran Wilcox: You have no idea how utterly unprecedented you are.
- Emma Duval: You can't say things like that.
- Kieran Wilcox: No, you're right. I really can't.
- Emma Duval: Alright, so "Fault In Our Stars" is also a no.
- Emma Duval: : Hello.
- The Killer: Hello, Emma. Got your DM. I'll answer your questions when I'm ready. So, did mommy give you the answers you were looking for?
- Emma Duval: : I'm calling the police
- The Killer: Say anything and I will gut her.
- Emma Duval: : What do you want from me?
- The Killer: Isn't it obvious? I want your trust, Emma.
- Emma Duval: : Why the hell would I trust you?
- The Killer: Because I'm the only one around here telling you the truth.
- Emma Duval: : You're sick. I am done playing your games, and I am done with you.
- Clark Hudson: So we are officially dealing with another possible murder.
- Maggie Duval: I was up all night finishing the autopsy. The ligature marks, dislocated vertebrae, crushed larynx. You don't see this kind of trauma hanging yourself from an eight foot high ceiling fan.
- Clark Hudson: So someone staged her body to look like a suicide. Why would they do that?
- Maggie Duval: I wish I knew.
- Clark Hudson: Rachel's wake's today. Let her family have a day to mourn. Tomorrow I'll open a murder investigation.
- Audrey Jensen: What if you wrote him back?
- Emma Duval: What?
- Audrey Jensen: If this psycho did kill Rachel, I want to know the reason why. He DM'ed you, right?
- Emma Duval: Yeah.
- Audrey Jensen: He opened a line. Let's direct message his ass back.