|The Six Million Dollar Man|
|Title:||The Six Million Dollar Man|
|Airdate:||March 7th, 1973|
|Running time:||90 min.|
|Production company:||Universal TV|
The Six Million Dollar Man is an American television movie of the action and science fiction genres. It is based on the 1972 novel, Cyborg, by author Martin Caidin and is the first telemovie to air prior to the onset of The Six Million Dollar Man television series. The movie was directed by Richard Irving with a script written by Terrence McDonnell as well as Tom Greene and Melvin Levy. The teleplay was written by Howard Rodman. The film was produced by Universal TV and first aired on ABC on March 7th, 1973. The Six Million Dollar Man stars Lee Majors as the eponymous cyborg secret agent, Steve Austin, with Barbara Anderson taking the female lead as Jean Manners. The film also stars Martin Balsam as Doctor Rudy Wells and Darren McGavin as OSS director Oliver Spencer.
Credited cast Edit
|Lee Majors||Colonel Steve Austin|
|Barbara Anderson||Jean Manners|
|Martin Balsam||Doctor Rudy Wells|
|Darren McGavin||Oliver Spencer|
|Dorothy Green||Mrs. McKay|
|Anne Whitfield||Young woman|
|Robert Cornthwaite||Doctor Ashburn|
|John Mark Robinson||Aide|
Uncredited cast Edit
Note: The following is taken from the full credits list for this entry on IMDB. As it is a website with user-submitted information, some of the data listed here, including character names may be inaccurate.
|Jim Drum||Doctor #1|
|David McKnight||Doctor #2|
|Crane Jackson||Doctor #3|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- Six Million Dollar Man (1973), The Six Million Dollar Man (1973) and Six Million Dollar Man: The Six Million Dollar Man all redirect to this page. "SMDM73" and "SMDM 1973" may also be used as shortcuts to this page to save on typing.
- This film is also known by the title, "The Moon and the Desert".
- This film is included on disc one of the Six Million Dollar Man: Season 1 DVD collection, which was released by Universal Studios on November 29th, 2011.
- Composer Gil Melle is credited as Gil Mellé in this film.
- Editor Jean Jacques Berthelot is credited as Jean J. Berthelot in this film.
- Editor Buddy Small is credited as Budd Small in this film.
- This movie was filmed in Yuma, Arizona and parts of California. The Federal Building exterior, seen in the beginning of the film, was shot at the actual Federal Building at 11000 Wilshire Boulevard in Los Angeles, California. 
See also Edit
The Six Million Dollar Man
The Bionic Woman
External Links Edit