|Relatives:||Russell Edgington |
|Final:||"You Smell Like Dinner"|
|Actor:||Evan Rachel Wood|
Sophie-Anne Leclerq is a fictional vampire and a supporting character featured in the "Southern Vampire Mysteries" series of novels by author Charlaine Harris. She was introduced in the sixth novel in the series Definitely Dead where she was presented as the vampire queen of Louisiana. The character was re-imagined for the HBO television series True Blood where she was played by actress Evan Rachel Wood. Sophie-Anne was briefly referenced in season one of the series, but was not introduced officially until the eleventh episode of season two, "Frenzy". The character made 2 appearances in season 2, 5 appearances in season 3 and 1 appearance in season 4, in which her death was revealed in flashback in "You Smell Like Dinner".
Notes & Trivia Edit
- The character of Sophie-Anne Leclerq was created by novelist Charlaine Harris. It was expanded upon in True Blood by director Daniel Minahan and series creator Alan Ball.
- In the novel From Dead to Worse, Sophie-Anne is killed by the vampire King of Nevada, Felipe de Castro. In the season 4 episode of True Blood, "You Smell Like Dinner", she is shot to death by Bill Compton's security force.
- Although the episode in which Sophie-Anne's death was revealed aired in 2011, the event itself took place nearly a year earlier in the timeline of the series.
- Sophie-Anne's favorite game was Yahtzee. Yahtzee is a dice game designed by Milton Bradley and produced by Hasbro. The object of the game is to score the most points by rolling five dice to make certain combinations.
- Actress Evan Rachel Wood also played a character named Rose Russell in three episodes of the 1990s television series American Gothic.
See also Edit
The World of True Blood
External Links Edit
- Sophie-Anne Leclerq at Wikipedia
- Sophie-Anne Leclerq at the SVM Wiki
- Sophie-Anne Leclerq at the True Blood Wiki