|This page is similar in name or subject to other pages.
|"The Last Son of Krypton (Part III)"|
Season 1, Episode 3
|Airdate||September 6th, 1996|
|Writer||Alan Burnett; Paul Dini|
|Director||Dan Riba; Bruce Timm|
|Producer||Alan Burnett; Paul Dini; Bruce Timm; Haven Alexander|
|Starring||Tim Daly; Dana Delany; Clancy Brown|
|Previous||"The Last Son of Krypton (Part 2)"|
|Next||"Fun and Games"|
"The Last Son of Krypton (Part III)" is the third episode of Superman: The Animated Series. It was directed by Dan Riba and Paul Dini with a script written by Alan Burnett and Paul Dini. It first aired on the WB Network on September 6th, 1996. This is the third chapter in a three-part series premiere.
Starring the voices of Edit
First screen Edit
|Tim Daly||Superman/Clark Kent|
|Dana Delany||Lois Lane|
|Clancy Brown||Lex Luthor|
Second screen Edit
|Malcolm McDowell||John Corben|
|George Dzundza||Perry White|
|Mike Farrell||Jonathan Kent|
|Shelley Fabares||Martha Kent|
Third screen Edit
|Lauren Tom||Angela Chen|
|Jason Marsden||Teenage Clark Kent|
|David Kaufman||Jimmy Olsen|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- This episode is included on disc one of the Superman: The Animated Series, Volume One DVD collection by Warner Home Video.
- This is the first television appearance of Bibbo Bibbowski.
- Lex Luthor keeps a shark tank in his office at LexCorp.
- John Corben pilots the power armor that Superman must combat in this episode.
- Jor-El and Lara Sul-Van appear in the episode recap only, even though voice actors Mike Farrell and Finola Hughes are both credited.
- This is the second appearance of Angela Chen.
- Martha Kent makes reference to Gotham City, as well as the "nut" that lives there. She is referring to Batman, whose existence takes place within the DC Animated Universe as well and appears on Batman: The Animated Series.
- There are no bloopers available for this episode at this time. Be the first to add some! Just click on the edit tab under the section heading and start typing. A blooper is any revealing mistake that can be found within the episode that the production crew may have missed during editing. This can range from inconsistent lines of dialogue to visible production equipment in the shot to mis-spoken lines of dialogue, or... dare we say it? A wardrobe malfunction.
- Superman: Shall we go a few rounds without the suit?
- Martha Kent: I don't want anyone thinking you're like that nut in Gotham City.
- Clark Kent: Now that the terrorists have your prototype, the Pentagon is undoubtedly gonna want you to build a bigger and better version for them. When all is said and done, this could net you a multimillion dollar windfall.
- Lex Luthor: Lois, it almost sounds as if your friend here is suggesting I should be glad that my suit was stolen. You're very amusing Mister... Kent, is it? Yes, I'll remember that.