|"Adam Raised a Cain"|
Season 2, Episode 21
|Airdate||April 3rd, 2009|
|Producer||Ashley Edward Miller; Zack Stentz; John Enbom; Natalie Chaidez; Toni Graphia; Mario F. Kassar; Andrew G. Vajna; Joel B. Michaels; Jill Danton; James Middleton; John Wirth; Josh Friedman; Jessie W. Dugan; Hilton H. Smith|
|Starring||Lena Headey; Thomas Dekker; Summer Glau; Brian Austin Green; Garret Dillahunt; Shirley Manson; Richard T. Jones|
|Previous||"To the Lighthouse"|
|Next||"Born to Run"|
"Adam Raised a Cain" is the twenty-first episode of season two of the science fiction television series Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. It is the thirtieth episode of the series overall. The episode was directed by Charles Beeson with a teleplay written by Toni Graphia. It first aired on the FOX Network on Monday, April 3rd, 2009 at 9:00 pm.
Principal Cast Edit
|Lena Headey||Sarah Connor|
|Thomas Dekker||John Connor|
|Summer Glau||Cameron Phillips|
|Brian Austin Green||Derek Reese|
|Garret Dillahunt||John Henry|
|Shirley Manson||Catherine Weaver|
|Richard T. Jones||James Ellison|
Guest Stars Edit
|Larry Cedar||Detective Crayton|
|Mackenzie Smith||Savannah Weaver|
|Jeffrey Pierce||Water delivery guy|
Based on characters created by James Cameron and Gale Anne Hurd
- Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles was developed for television by Josh Friedman. Based on characters created by James Cameron and Gale Anne Hurd.
- "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles: Born to Run" redirects to this page.
- This episode is rated TV-14.
- This episode is production code number 3T7320.
- This episode is included on disc six of the Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles: The Complete Second Season DVD collection. The DVD special features includes a "terminated" scene.
- This is the fourth and final episode of the series directed by Charles Beeson. He previously directed by "Alpine Fields".
- This is the fifth and final episode of the series written by Toni Graphia. He previously wrote "Ourselves Alone".
- This is the final appearance of Derek Reese on the series. He is shot in the head and killed by the T-888 Terminator at the Weaver estate.
- The song that John Henry and Savannah sing in this episode is a Scottish folk song written by Andy Stewart, entitled "Donald, Where's Your Troosers?."
- Kyle Reese was the younger brother of Derek Reese and the father of John Connor. He was played by actor Michael Biehn in the original 1984 film The Terminator.
- This is the first of two episodes of the series named after Bruce Springsteen songs. The other is the series finale, "Born to Run".
- When Derek Reese is buried, the marker says 2009. At the beginning of the season it was still the year 2007. Not enough time has passed for it to be 2009. It could only be 2008.
- If you look closely enough, you will see there is no physical effect to Debbie being shot in the head; no bullet hole and no blood. Later, when Derek Reese comes upon her body, there is a very obvious bullet wound and blood on the floor.
- Derek Reese: My brother buried out there, I thought... that counted for something between us.
- Sarah Connor: Well, John counts for more. And you keep too many secrets for my taste.
- Catherine Weaver: What you need to understand, Mister Ellison - what I believe you're beginning to understand - is that when my behavior implies that I value John Henry's survival more than that of my daughter. It is not because I love John Henry more than Savannah. It's because I believe, Savannah's survival may some day depend upon John Henry's survival, and because I believe that your survival may some day depend upon John Henry's survival.
- Sarah Connor: We're going into Zeira Corp with or without him. When we're done, it'll be ashes.
- Savannah Weaver: She said bad things about John Henry.
- Catherine Weaver: What did she say?
- Savannah Weaver: She said if you talk to somebody on the computer, they could come to your house and hurt you.
- Catherine Weaver: John Henry would never hurt you. But there are some people who wouldn't understand him, and people are afraid of things they don't understand.
- Savannah Weaver: If they knew him, they'd like him.
- Catherine Weaver: That may be, but for now, I don't want you to talk to anyone about him. Is that clear?
- Derek Reese: My brother buried out there, I thought … that counted for something between us.
- Sarah Connor: Well, John counts for more - and you keep too many secrets for my tastes.
- Derek Reese: Sorry about Charley
- John Connor: Well, everybody dies for me, right?
- John Henry: Do you think my brother looks like me?
- James Ellison: John Henry, wherever your brother might be, he's a … computer. He doesn't look like anyone. He certainly doesn't have your face.
- John Henry: I know that, Mr. Ellison. I simply meant, I wonder how similar his data is to my data. I wonder if we share the same thoughts.
- James Ellison: I have no idea, but … I imagine … you're unique.
- John Henry: Yes, I am unique. But we may still reach many of the same conclusions given similar data sets.
- James Ellison: You may think alike.
- John Henry: I'd like to know if we do. The human brain is an amazing computer. Its raw clock speed is 20 billion calculations per second. Its storage is functionally infinite. But it's flawed.
- James Ellison: How is that?
- John Henry: There's nowhere to download it when you die.
- James Ellison: Did Sarah Connor kill those guards?
- John Henry: No.
- James Ellison: Then who was she shootin' at?
- John Henry: (shows picture of Terminator) Him ... We should tell Ms. Weaver.
- James Ellison: No. I don't think we should tell anyone.
- John Henry: Mr. Ellison ... you're asking me to keep a secret. You tell me it's wrong to lie yet you keep doing it.
- James Ellison: I know what I said, John Henry, but in this case a lie might save someone.
- Savannah Weaver: The teacher told me, Mommy told me to - not to talk to John Henry. That if I did, bad people will come to our house and hurt us.
- John Connor: Who's John Henry?
- Savannah Weaver: He's my friend … at my Mommy's work.
- John Connor: What does he do there?
- Savannah Weaver: He lives in the basement.
- John Connor: He lives there?
- Savannah Weaver: My mommy says people won't understand.
- John Connor: Oh … Well, I understand. I had an imaginary friend too when I was your age.
- Savannah Weaver: He's real. He talks. I'm teaching him how to sing.
- John Connor: Well, why does he live in the basement then?
- Savannah Weaver: He can't leave. There's a cord in the back of his head.
- John Connor: A cord?
- Savannah Weaver: In the back of his head.
- John Connor: Do other people talk to John Henry?
- Savannah Weaver: Mister Ellison.
- John Connor: Mister Ellison?
- Savannah Weaver: He works for my Mommy. He teaches John Henry stuff.
See also Edit
The World of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
External Links Edit